Friday, December 13, 2013

New bedhead

It's taken me some time to find a bedhead for our bedroom...in fact it's taken me some time to actually finish the bedroom altogether. What has it been now...2, 3 years?

Well, it's still not finished completely, but that's OK.

Anyway, a bedhead I bought on eBay a while back just wasn't doing it for me...even after it was painted



So I kept searching and came across this one...



It's simple and plain and cost me the princely sum of $17. I knew I could spruce it up with a bit of paint.



First sanding and undercoat


Second undercoat


...and now all finished. It's not strictly plain white. I did the first top coat in white and it was looking a bit stark, so toned it down a little with a couple of dribbles of Bristol's South Pole, which is not dissimilar to Benjamin Moore's Gray Owl.  At least that's how it looked when we put the two colour samples together in the store



It goes into the bedroom this weekend.

I finished painting the other old bedhead and it's been sold on...

I applied the three R's: Re-use, Re-paint and Re-sell.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the newest one the best. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa...I like this one the best too.
      Have a wonderful Christmas!!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love it! What a great job you have done on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It looks pretty awesome in the bedroom actually and I'm really happy with the way it turned out
      xx

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts.