It's really lovely when you fire up the computer and see someone likes your daily mutterings so much they give you an award.
But to have this award I have to list 10 things that make me happy and 10 bloggers who brighten my day.
This should be easy.
Things that make me happy
1. My husband and family. I really am a lucky person to have such a wonderful bloke who makes me happy every darn day....and my extended family. You know who you are. Thank you.
2. My friend "G" who I love to bits. We've known each other since the late "70's and knew the instant we met that we were kindred spirits.
3. My pets who are funny and smart (well maybe not really smart) and bring joy to me every day.
4. Renovating old furniture and houses makes me really happy. I love the transformation. I love being able to turn something old and rickety into a piece that is functional and beautiful.
5. Travel. Overseas, here at home. Anywhere.
6. Cooking and feeding people. How good does it feel when you make a dish and someone comes back for seconds?
7. Sewing and creating.
8. Working and earning my own money. I love being independent and not having to rely on someone else to "fund" my little shopping expeditions. Add to that my shopping expeditions with "G" We shop well together.
9. Blogging. I've met some terrific people who have visited Number 10 and left comments and insights and I love wandering over to their places too and reading what they've been up to.
10. My life. I really am a very lucky person to be able to have the freedoms and privileges I have. I thank my lucky stars each and every day
Now, to my other list of 10 bloggers who brighten my day:
1. White Dove. A lady who writes beautifully about her life and family
2. AM at the House that AM Built. An Inspiration who has chronicled the trials and tribulations of building her gorgeous new home
3. Brabourne Farm. Leigh has some of the most beautiful images on her gorgeous blog.
4. Ada and Darcy where Kellie has a real way with decor and fashion. I love checking out what she's been up to each day
5. Cavania. Karen does some beautiful work. Well worth a look
6. The Laurel Hedge. Millie is funny, clever and a delight...
7. At the Farm where Gail tells us about her animals and farm life in the USA
8. Journaling Woman. Teresa is a real delight and a lovely person.
9. Kitchen Hand from What I Cooked Last night. I've been reading his blog for ages now. Recipes and insight. He always give you something to think about
10. Amanda at Homely One. Amanda, I'm yet to try your fudge, but plan to over the next week or so. When all this Chrissy madness calms down. Then, like you, I will sit down with a nice cuppa, a good magazine, take a deep breath and devour a piece of your fudge. Yummy
There are so many more: Undomestic/mumma, Stacey Snacks, Pottering About, French Essence and Chek, to name a few.
Thank you everyone.
and thank you Amanda